Ohio Del Sol Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum that is dedicated to Del Sols and their owners. This is a great way to meet other Del Sol owners and their cars. This is also a great place to buy, sell, and trade Del Sols and their parts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

D to J series swap.

Go down 
+2
Xathine
Kristin.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristin.

Kristin.

D to J series swap. Empty
PostSubject: D to J series swap.   D to J series swap. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:31 am

How expensive, difficult, etc. would it be to do a J swap? What would I need other than the motor, tranny, mounts, engine harness, etc? I've seen it done and it's pretty sick. I've done swaps before, by myself, I just wondered if there was any insight to the J series motors that anyone has.

I've been reading up on them and stuff on H-T on a Del Sol forum and it looks pretty interesting and intense... but it's a swap I'd love to do.

A friend back home had one done in a hatchback, but I never really considered it until now. I'm bored with B, H and K series.
Back to top Go down
Xathine

Xathine

PostSubject: Re: D to J series swap.   D to J series swap. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 3:42 pm

Yeah sounds intense.

I was reading what Jay and them posted up a few weeks ago in the HT forum.

And in all honestly, if I was going to do all that work I'd just toss a K in.

But then again, I'm a simple SOHC guy.
Back to top Go down
EBP_EH6_Sol

EBP_EH6_Sol

PostSubject: Re: D to J series swap.   D to J series swap. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Stay b or k Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kristin.

Kristin.

PostSubject: Re: D to J series swap.   D to J series swap. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:23 am

Yeah. I had seen it done in a hatch before. It's a lot of work, but I wanted to do something new. I've done B series swaps so much I could probably do them blind folded. I can get a B series swap done in one day and running that night if I have everything I need to do it. K series are a little bit more difficult and time consuming for me, but I've done a couple of those too... everyone has those swaps though. I was looking to do something a little different...

I need to do more research as far as potential power is concerned. I'll probably scan that thread again at HT and reread some stuff about it and do more research.
Back to top Go down
EBP_EH6_Sol

EBP_EH6_Sol

PostSubject: Re: D to J series swap.   D to J series swap. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:30 pm

If you type in v6 civic on youtube it has hasports team showing off theres on a dyno
Back to top Go down
Kristin.

Kristin.

PostSubject: Re: D to J series swap.   D to J series swap. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:14 am

I'll look it up. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
EBP_EH6_Sol

EBP_EH6_Sol

PostSubject: Re: D to J series swap.   D to J series swap. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:10 am

Hey and the newest honda tuning has pics of how to do the swap
Back to top Go down
Chrispaugh

Chrispaugh

PostSubject: Re: D to J series swap.   D to J series swap. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:27 am

Then do something alot of ppl fear .... do u frankenstine swap with a turbo like me ...boost is addicting .. once you do it you will never go back i promise
Back to top Go down
NOSOL101
Admin
NOSOL101

PostSubject: Re: D to J series swap.   D to J series swap. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:33 am

ummm buddy you bought your shit from dave... lol!
Back to top Go down
Luv_my_Sol

Luv_my_Sol

PostSubject: Re: D to J series swap.   D to J series swap. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:00 am

Kristin. wrote:
How expensive, difficult, etc. would it be to do a J swap? What would I need other than the motor, tranny, mounts, engine harness, etc? I've seen it done and it's pretty sick. I've done swaps before, by myself, I just wondered if there was any insight to the J series motors that anyone has.

I've been reading up on them and stuff on H-T on a Del Sol forum and it looks pretty interesting and intense... but it's a swap I'd love to do.

A friend back home had one done in a hatchback, but I never really considered it until now. I'm bored with B, H and K series.

Bored with K series!!! WHAT!?!?

K swap = awesome!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D to J series swap.   D to J series swap. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D to J series swap.
Page 1 of 1