Ohio Del Sol Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum that is dedicated to Del Sols and their owners. This is a great way to meet other Del Sol owners and their cars. This is also a great place to buy, sell, and trade Del Sols and their parts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

about engine swaping

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rod372

rod372

about engine swaping Empty
PostSubject: about engine swaping   about engine swaping Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:27 am

what is the best engine to swap out to.and what all do u have to change out.looking to build my next sol up just a bit. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
delsol8017

delsol8017

PostSubject: Re: about engine swaping   about engine swaping Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:45 pm

just depends on power goals and budget
Back to top Go down
tigers5007

tigers5007

PostSubject: my D15B swap   about engine swaping Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:28 pm

my 93s got a swap for a D15B about a year ago. after doing some research, i found that this engine redlines at 8200 (according to JDM's website, and the specs under their d15b) supposedly, the shop that swapped my engine put in the ecu for the d15b. but my automatic (a curse..) still shifts at the old engines redline of like 6400. what can i do to change this? it would seem to me that since my vtec has most power at higher rpms that this earlier shift time is robbing me of power. any help, comments, advice, or questions would be appreciated! i love my car, but im not as savvy under the hood as id like to be.
Back to top Go down
Luv_my_Sol

Luv_my_Sol

PostSubject: Re: about engine swaping   about engine swaping Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:50 pm

K20 or H22 FtW!!!

I'm about to start a H22 build for my 93, personally I think its the best swap for the price if you take the time to search for good deals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: about engine swaping   about engine swaping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

about engine swaping
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ohio Del Sol Owners :: Tech :: Motor-
Jump to: