Ohio Del Sol Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum that is dedicated to Del Sols and their owners. This is a great way to meet other Del Sol owners and their cars. This is also a great place to buy, sell, and trade Del Sols and their parts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

YEAH HI IM CHRis

Go down 
+2
EBP_EH6_Sol
Chrispaugh
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrispaugh

Chrispaugh

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:33 am

Hi my name is Chris I like penguins and long walks on the beach... but im kinda f'ed since there are no beaches.. i drive a 93 del sol... dave bledell built it... but i went to school for automotive engine rebuilding , and i go to sinclair for automotive so i know my way around cars. this is my 3rd turboed car... so i'm not a idiot off the street... but Im a nice guy who likes have fun and always down to race... anthony can vouch for that i raced his buddy the first night ever meeting them
Back to top Go down
EBP_EH6_Sol

EBP_EH6_Sol

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:08 pm

Hey is it the del sol that dave had for sale with the ls/vtec turbo setup ?
Back to top Go down
Antman
Admin
Antman

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:11 pm

yes it is. i have a video i will put up later today of him racing a mr2
Back to top Go down
https://ohsols.forumotion.com
3x star

3x star

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:44 pm

So, where are you from?
Back to top Go down
Chrispaugh

Chrispaugh

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 am

dayton

When the video is up there were two races between me and the mr2
te first one was froma second gear roll and i spun second and spun the top of third he cought traction and get a car on me and i hit tractiona dn flew past him when he was full throttle

the 2nd one was a third gear roll i pulled on him instantly

that MR2 is sick
Back to top Go down
boosted_sol

boosted_sol

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:47 pm

So whats the low down on this car? How built is built?
Back to top Go down
Chrispaugh

Chrispaugh

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:57 am

pistons rods.... possiblty crank... re sleved....cams...so decently
Back to top Go down
boosted_sol

boosted_sol

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Chrispaugh wrote:
pistons rods.... possiblty crank... re sleved....cams...so decently

not bad how many lbs/hp you sitting on?
Back to top Go down
Chrispaugh

Chrispaugh

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:27 am

18-20psi it put down 360 whp with the prevous owner dave blendell... but since then its been througha tranny and a manifold
Back to top Go down
boosted_sol

boosted_sol

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:36 pm

nice i'm trying to get a feel for you setup because i'm currently building mine.
Back to top Go down
Chrispaugh

Chrispaugh

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 11:21 pm

Here are some good tips. One do a gsr tranny or ls transmission.b16 transmission will be. A traction nightmare. And the do a legit exhaust manifold not eBay mine has broken 2 times and had to be welded sucks its a Pain to do and remember bigger is not always better on turbos. Smaller you get a better spool and faster response.
Back to top Go down
boosted_sol

boosted_sol

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:30 am

yea i have a descent log mani. i have a gt32 turbo and i have a ls tranny. it is all together and i had to pull the head to get it milled so hopefully tonite it will be back on. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tigers5007

tigers5007

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:19 pm

hey Chris, im in dayton too, and your del sol sounds sick! id love to see it sometime man.
Back to top Go down
Chrispaugh

Chrispaugh

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:09 pm

So i have not been on the site for about 1 week and a half plus but i got bad news i spun a rod bearing last saturday on the way back from centerville from a sip meet... but i think i kno went wrong and im starting to rebuild it now its just kinda pricey it should be back by summer though Sad
Back to top Go down
tigers5007

tigers5007

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:35 pm

man that sucks! if i knew when you'd be workin on it id offer to lend a helpin hand, i could use some more knowledge under the hood of my car.
Back to top Go down
3x star

3x star

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:20 pm

sry if this is a no brainer question but what is spinning a rod bearing?
Back to top Go down
Chrispaugh

Chrispaugh

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:38 am

Connecting rod bearings are two piece bearings, and are fixed in place by tabs in the connecting rods. When someone mentions a spun bearing, they are saying the bearings have turned or 'spun' from their fixed position
Back to top Go down
3x star

3x star

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:09 pm

thank you....
Back to top Go down
Chrispaugh

Chrispaugh

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:45 pm

no problem buddy always glad to help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

YEAH HI IM CHRis Empty
PostSubject: Re: YEAH HI IM CHRis   YEAH HI IM CHRis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YEAH HI IM CHRis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ohio Del Sol Owners :: Off topic :: Newbies-
Jump to: